1) New workshop dates for 2014. January course: two half day workshops on 4th and 11th. Contact Marie: 0624859763
2) Currently Stephanie is not able to be present at the Mindful Birth workshops - but she is still available via phone or email to answer questions if you'd like that. She is now instead offering an 8 week MBCP course. This is a 'gold-standard' for birthing couples interested in combining Mindfulness with their pregnancy and particularly appropriate for anyone who is anxious about their birth. For more information please email Stephanie directly: firstname.lastname@example.org
3) Private Mindful Birth Classes are now available. For the same fee as the group workshop - two evenings either face-to-face in Oegstgeest or via Skype. Contact Marie: email@example.com
4) Marie's book, four years in the making: Mindful Decisions - Intentional Family Decision Making
Mindful birth preparation course available in Oegstgeest (close to Leiden Centraal station and just off the A44).
Easy access from Amsterdam, Rotterdam, Haarlem, Utrecht, Voorschoten, Noordwijk, Wassenaar, Alphen aan den Rijn etc.
Warning! This course could change your whole life (for the better!)
This course was developed by Marie and Stephanie, two former HypnoBirthing practitioners. In 2010 we took the decision to develop our own unique 'Mindful Birth' course.
Over the years we have discovered the format of course that suits most people in the busy Randstad area is to offer the course in the format of a two half-day Saturday workshops combined with a home study programme.
We make the MP3s, reading material and exercises that form the home study program available at the point at which you sign up for the course; you don't need to wait for the workshop to feel involved. You are supported through your mindful journey towards birth from the moment you sign up and available to answer your queries through pregnancy. We're ready to talk you through the decision to sign up for our course. To contact us click here.
Holding the course on Saturdays (two half-day workshops), we hope makes it accessible to people traveling from other cities. Many people are successful in getting some or all of this cost refunded via their insurance company.
So a little more detail about what the course is about¦
The focus of the course is cultivating an ability to live in the moment and understanding how to accept and work with pain.
In labour, our body requires our full attention. When you are present with the sensations in your body you can optimise your physical and mental state. Let go, trust and use your instincts. Mindful techniques develop patience and acceptance of our experience from one moment to the next. We act rather than react.
This course can help you engage fully with your pregnancy and labour.
Pregnancy is a unique opportunity to tune-in to what life is really about. Life is about living in connection. In connection to our bodies aswell as the world around us. Too often we use our feet only to take us places and our eyes to look instead of see whilst our fingers spend much of the day on auto-pilot pressing buttons. Our experience is disconnected. By making a virtue of multi-tasking we miss out on so much detail. In other words we are not present and aware of what is really going on. Pregnancy is a series of moments when have more reason than ever to pause.
We, Marie and Stephanie, have designed this course to help you create better balance in your life as you prepare for the birth of your baby and your life as a new parent. Short stretches of mindful relaxation help us connect with our body through the breath. We can learn to self-regulate whilst coping with the everyday stresses of normal life. You can learn these techniques at any time but what better time to learn than when pregnant? You'll discover that having developed a mindful attitude you will to cope with the helpful pain in labour and those more challenging moments as we adjust to life as a new parent.
This unique course is priced at 150 Euros. Just some of the things you will learn:
- Cultivate an acceptance of the way your pregnancy is emerging as a unique experience
- Develop an ability to be open minded about the unknowns of your journey ahead towards birth and parenthood
- Understand the physiology of labour and to connect with the powerful uterus through your breathe
- Feel able to let go of what you can't control
- How intentionally adopting a mindful attitude can help optimise both your mind and body for a beautiful and positive birth experience and journey into parenthood.
You can subscribe to our course at anytime in your pregnancy. We suggest selecting the date for a workshop anytime after your 20th week. Check on course dates here.
The sensation of birth we call 'pain' is hard work but when we respond, rather than react, most people cope well.
Birth is a physiological process which more often than not progresses naturally if allowed space to do so.
Here is what some people have had to say about our classes: